* Alumnus the late Sultan Nagi wrote an article entitled ''Aden Through History'' in Al-Ekleel Journal. His article was reproduced by his daughter Osan and published in the website
www.sultannagi.com . Osan maintains all
publications of her father in a private library in Aden.
Sultan was a Yemeni Historian and Thinker.
To read more about Aden history click here.
* Octopus Books, a Canadian publishing company invited writer Qais Ghanem to read from and discuss his recent books. Qais's writing is diverse, ranging from novels (Final Flight From Sanaa, Two Boys form Aden College), and non- fiction (My Arab Spring, My Canada),
to his recently released book of English and Arabic poetry (From Left to Right). He is an invited regular political columnist for Gulf News in Dubai, and blogs for Huffington Post. With diverse experiences as a radio host, community activist, retired professor of medicine, Ghanem's writing touches on the important social, cultural and political questions of the day.
Book reading and signing takes place at the Ottawa Public Library.
* Heyam Mackawie a Yemeni Canadian and wife of alumnus Taha Qirbi published a book in Canada entitled ''Mothers for Peace''. The book is published by Trafford Publishing and is in 110 pages. The price is $12.
The book has two different messages with seven stages of change in the life of the author. The author believes that her journey started at the age of fourteen. 1960: the journey of
the heart was the first stage of seven years marked as Destiny of Love…. the talk of the soul kept the body and the mind in full blast.. when she
discovered her realty in dreams come true she turned to the creator asking for guidance.
Faith was the answer of the soul.
* Alumnus Dr. Abdulla Ahmed Al Sayyari co- authored with a group of Saudi physicians a recent medical survey of the frequent affliction
of dialysis patients with Tuberclosis. The survey was published in Science Direct website.
The summary is Dialysis patients are more likely than the general population to develop active tuberculosis (TB). In these patients, the availability of a highly sensitive and specific test to diagnose latent TB will ensure earlier treatment and decreased progression to active disease.
To read more about the survey click here.
* Alumnus Dr. Qais Ghanem published an article in the National Yemen website entitled ''President Hadi’s Moves Are Excellent First Steps''.
Read more here.
* National Geographic produced a video documentary entitled ''Alhambra Palace''. It is 47 minutes long. The palace is situated in Andalusia Spain. The video is 47 minutes long. The palace is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the world. It was built during the Arab muslim rule in Spain and lasted about 15 years to finish.
To view the video click here.
* In his weekly political articles to the daily Gulf News of Dubai, UAE, Dr. Qais Ghanem wrote an article entitled ''A misguided strategy shift ''. In the article he discusses the Canadian politics.
Read the article here.